Friday, October 9, 2009

Blueberries baby food

I love blueberries! They make the best babyfood. Word to the wise, don't wear your favorite outfit or have anything in the vicinity of cooked blueberries, they stain. I had blueberries everywhere!

All I did was clean them up and dump them in pot to simmer for 25 minutes. I used about a cup of water. It made a delicious sauce!! I just mixed and served. Adults would like the sauce drizzled over icecream or poured in a smoothie. It was sooooooo good.

Bubby is great with textures so I didn't have to strain the skins or seeds. He ate it all up!












One cup of blueberries contains 16% DV of fiber.
Blueberries are a source of Vitamins A and C, potassium and folate.
Blueberries are very low in fat and sodium, and high in dietary fiber and potassium – and only 40 calories per ½ cup serving

1 comment:

MrsLewis said...

I love the blueberry action shots!!