Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Pics from a wedding we attended

Hi! Happy Wednesday!

We attended a wedding Sept. 12, 2009. In my opinion, wedding receptions can be fun or boring depending on how they are planned and how fun the guests are. This one was ok, but the guests were either not drunk enough or too chicken to dance, so we watched a lot of little kids dance. lol!
Dinners can be sit-down or buffet. This reception had a buffet, which is nice for the hearty eaters, but they had whole hogs roasted which are seriously gross to look at in person. Poor piggy! I couldn't bring myself to eat it. I have a pic below of the poor piggy. Look at your own risk!

The bride and groom were very untraditional which was a total let down for me. I'm not saying I'm completely traditional but there are certain things every reception shoul have in my opinion. Everyone secretly wants to see the single ladies and guys crawl over each other to catch a boquet or garter. Plus they didn't cut the cake! I love the cake cutting! My favorite part is the moment right before they feed eachother, you never know if the bride and groom will go all out and smash it in eachothers faces! Personally I feel robbed of some wedding moments.

One of the best parts of the reception was the live band. I needed a bigger flash to capture a good picture of them. Below are my pics from the wedding. That evening I was using the auto setting. I know, I know what a waste of a good camera, but I did manage to capture some neat shots, even while watching a clingy 8 month old. And yes I did get out and bogey with the kids! lol!



I could have used a bigger flash for these pictures. I used photoshop to fix my toast picture.



The infamous pig!! Poor thing!




These are some artistic shots of the table decorations.






Family Photos at the wedding.



No comments: